Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Amy’s Cheeseless Frozen Pizza

IMG_2503 IMG_2504

I tried Amy's brand frozen cheeseless pizza earlier this week, and I really enjoyed it. After a hard week/weekend, I splurged at the Carrot Common on Monday and decided to give it a try. I had been hearing it praised frequently during the past couple of weeks anyway, and I do have a food blog to maintain and everything.

It is the perfect option for when I am too tired to cook or would rather spend the energy elsewhere, or for when my husband has a WoW raid night. It is super easy, cooks quickly, and is super delish! Considering the crust has no eggs or dairy in it, I marvel at how they make it so convincingly frozen pizza crust-like. If I were to close my eyes and take a bite, I probably wouldn't know the difference; the texture is spot on, and the taste too. Deceivingly buttery with just enough flaky crunchiness and just enough chew. I personally find this particular flavor a little too sweet for me; they use sweet onions, red peppers and shiitake mushrooms, all of which, when mixed together without the tartness and acidity of a stringy mozzarella cheese, is just a bit too sweet, in my humble opinion. Heck, maybe you like it that way! You're in luck! That being said, the flavor was definitely tasty, the seasoning was good too (not too salty, not too bland) and the mushrooms were an added treat. They give the toppings more substance, and and I am of the persuasion the more mushrooms the better.

The packaging states, for anyone with relevant food allergies, that Amy's Kitchen does not use any peanuts, fish, shellfish or eggs in their recipes. Per 1/3 of their cheeseless pizza (2 slices) there are 270 calories, 9g of fat (1.5g saturated, no trans fat), no cholesterol, 490mg of sodium, 2g of fiber, 5g of sugar and 6g of protein.

After such a success with this flavor, maybe I will be brave enough to try their pizza with soy cheese!

Ingredients (Vegan): Organic wheat flour with organic oat bran and wheat germ, organic onions, filtered water, artichokes, extra virgin olive oil, organic roasted red peppers, organic tomatoes, organic shiitake mushrooms, organic agave nectar, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, expeller pressed safflower oil, organic garlic, organic lemon juice, yeast, spices. Contains wheat.

Individuals with Food Allergies: This product is manufactured in a facility that processes foods containing wheat, milk, soy, tree nuts and seeds. Amy's Kitchen does not use any peanuts, fish, shellfish or eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment